Hello Parents/Guardians…we had a great opening week at Vanier Collegiate! Our sports teams all experienced success this weekend…congratulations to our athletes and coaches!
There are a few things on the radar this week:
1) SMILE! Tomorrow (Monday, Sept. 11) is picture day…students will be called down to Sion Hall to get their photos done throughout the day.
2) I already have to reschedule the first SCC meeting of the year…Mr. Turberfield and I will be attending a Graduation Rates symposium on the original meeting date…so…new date is Monday, Sept 25 @ 7pm in Sion Hall. Please join us…we would love to get you involved with our SCC.
3) I want to congratulate our Senior class…they have decided to support the “Make A Wish” foundation throughout their graduation year…stay tuned for opportunities to support their efforts.
4) Please take a minute to read through the HTCSD Fair Notice Brochure…we ensure that student safety is front-and-centre in our school and school division.
5) If your family is interested in supplemental insurance for accidents, both on and off the school grounds, please visit Kids Plus: Accident Insurance.
6) The Habitat for Humanity Colour Run is scheduled for next Saturday, Sept. 16. Many students have taken home pledge forms…we are encouraging that these be brought back to the school early in the week. It will be a fun event…if you would like to participate, please contact our office.
7) Reminder: Valhalla 2017 takes place on Thursday & Friday, September 14 & 15. (Sleepover at the school on Thurs. night if permission form submitted). Grade 9 parents, if you have questions, please contact us.
As we shared in a previous email, we are focusing on those AUs (Absent Unexcused) this school year…I want to thank you for making a difference in what we are seeing at the school. We have already seen a significant reduction in the number of AUs recorded in our attendance system from last year to this year…let’s keep this trend going! We all agree that being in school is important…we want to see your sons and daughters every day! Thank you!
Please keep our friends at Central Collegiate in your thoughts and prayers. Their former principal, Mr. Scott Williamson, passed away late last week after a battle with cancer. Mr. Williamson was a Vanier grad, so his passing is certainly hitting the hearts of many people in our community.
Enjoy your Sunday evening…as always, do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Take care, BRAD
“Shining the Light of Christ”