Good afternoon parents and guardians. There are a few items that we would like you to be aware of as we head into the weekend:
- Reminder about Grad 2019 Parent Information meeting at 6pm on Sunday, January 20 in the Vanier Library. Grads are welcome to attend.
- We have noticed an increase in the use of Vapes in the school and are quite concerned. We have developed a new school policy to help address the issue. This is effective immediately:
Vanier Collegiate strives to provide a safe, comfortable and healthy environment for all students, staff, community partners, visitors and guests.The school building and surrounding property (including the student parking lot) shall be free from the use of tobacco, tobacco products and electronic “smoking” products (vapes, breezes, e-cigarettes, etc.).In addition, students shall refrain from possessing or using these products while representing Vanier at any school-sanctioned events.
Violation of this procedure will result in immediate confiscation of products, parent/guardian contact and a warning letter on file. Subsequent violation may result in suspension.
HTCSD Administrative Procedure 166 (Oct 2017)
Saskatchewan Tobacco Control Act (Aug 2010)
- Questions about Teen Substance Use? Get the Facts: Current Drug Trends – Jan. 22, 2019 @ 7pm @ Central Collegiate – more info HERE.
- Next SCC Meeting – Monday, Jan. 21 @ 7pm
- Semester End Assessment Schedule – more info HERE.
That is everything for now…please do not hesitate to call or email if you have any questions. Have a great weekend and stay warm!
Shining the Light of Christ
Reluisant la Lumière du Christ