FRIDAY, June 22
- Any grades interested in being in the grad choir, please see Mrs. Busta by TODAY.
- The yearbook will be selling page dedications for Make a Wish. You can dedicate a page to someone as well as have a short message to be shown in the yearbook. All proceeds are going towards Make a Wish. There is a list of the pages you can dedicate on the main Vanier Webpage. You can pick which page you want to dedicate. It will be first come first serve. See Ms Douglas if you are interested. Due date: today.
- Friday, June 22: 8:45 – Study Block, 1:25 – P1 Exam
Monday, June 25: 8:45 – P2 Exam, 1:25 – P3 Exam
Tuesday, June 26: 8:45 – Study Block, 1:25 – P4 Exam
Wednesday, June 27: 8:45 – P5 Exam
Thursday, June 28: Report Card Pick-Up @ 1pm
- There are new items available in the Vanier clothing store located in the library. Come check out the new items today!
- Moose Jaw Right to Life will be open during Side Walk Days on July 5, 6, & 7.
We are looking for students who would be available to do face painting for the children. Each artist could have a selection of what they would paint, and the child could then choose. The paintings could be very simple like hearts, happy faces , flowers, etc.
Please call or text Mrs. Landry at 306-630-8049 for more information, or to set up dates and times.
- Sidewalk Days are looking for volunteers in the children’s village for 3 hour shifts from July 5, 6, & 7. Please e-mail email@example.com or call/text Sherry @ 306-684-2566 if interested.
- Wakamow Valley’s Annual Kid’s Day Event is happening, and they are looking for some volunteers to work on July 12 for 4 hours from 11-3 at the Wakamow Oval. Students would be in charge of supervising games or crafts. No preparation needed, you just need you to show up. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-692-2285.
- The 55+ Provincial Games Track and Field are looking for volunteers taking place on July 11 from 9:00-4:00 & July 12 from 9:00-11:00. The Games committee is looking for volunteers who have had some experience participating in or helping out at a track and field meet. It will be helping with the timed events, throwing events, jumping events, and scorekeeping. Forms can be picked up at the Kinsmen Sportsplex desk, and returned there after completion.
- Sage Hill is a not-for-profit writing education organization offering two, five-day summer creative writing workshops from July 16-20. Teen 2018 Poster
- Grade 9 – 12s, see the Spring Newsletter here
- Students who are interested in First Aid and CPR, or are going into the Health Sciences/Education post-secondary programs, please look at the attached documents to learn about local courses available to you.High_School_1 High_School_2
- Agriculture Equipment Technician 20L and 30L – want to earn an online credit that allows you to complete a 40 work placement with a heavy duty mechanic, while working towards journey person hours? If yes, please see Ms. Lapointe right away. You could enroll in this class (Sept. 2018) free of charge. For more information, please click below: Sun West Agricultural Equipment Technician Information Package
- Additional Certification Dual Credits—Grade 9-11 students can start thinking about dual credits. You could get a credit for the NLS, Royal Conservatory music, and/or taking a university class. It could also mean taking university classes while still at Vanier to further advance your education. For more information, check out: https://vanier.htcsd.ca/pursueonline/high-school-guide/
- Olds College is offering Veterinary Medicine for Teens on August 21-24. Students between the ages of 13-16 will have hands-on experiences and learn about the various roles and responsibilities of Veterinary Medical Receptionists, Veterinary Technical Assistants, Animal Health Technologists, and Veterinarians. Students will also learn about basic animal first aid, assessments, animal behavior, and safety.
- Moose Jaw Museum and Art Gallery Summer poster,VOLUNTEER FORM
- Soccer uniforms need to be returned: Meisie C., Kennedy C., Erin F., Jenna H.
Grade Specific Announcements: