Congratulations to everyone involved in Vanier’s production of Beauty and the Beast…it was a fantastic show! The talent in our building is second to none!
All lunches are $5.00 each.
Lunch Cards are available for $20.00 or $50.00.
|22||Vegetable Soup, Bun and Dessert|
|23||Taco in a Bag, Juice Box|
|29||Potato Bacon Soup, Bun and Dessert|
|30||Homemade Mac and Cheese, Juice Box|
|6||Cream of Mushroom Soup, Bun, Dessert|
|7||Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks, Caesar Salad, Juice Box|
|13||Chicken Noodle Soup, Bun, Dessert|
|14||Lasagna, Garlic Toast, Juice Box|
Good morning parents/guardians!
It is hard to believe that we are at the middle of November already…seems like we just started the 2016/17 school year a few weeks ago! Time flies when you are having fun!
There are a few things coming up at the school that we want you to be aware of:
1) Vanier Collegiate has regular classes tomorrow (Friday, Nov. 18). I believe we are the only Moose Jaw school in session…business as usual in our building.
2) Vanier’s musical: Beauty and the Beast is almost ready to take the stage. Tickets are moving fast…please visit our website to purchase your seats. Performances are on November 23, 24, 25 & 26.
3) Our next SCC meeting will be on Monday, Nov. 21 @ 7pm. We will discuss the OurSCHOOL student survey results and school goals for the year. Please meet in the main office.
4) For the safety of our students that use the reserved accessibility parking stalls in front of the school, we ask that you please drop off or pick up students on Henleaze Ave., 3rd Ave. or Macdonald St. Our front parking area gets very congested during peak hours.
5) A reminder that we have a number of students and staff with scent sensitivities in our buildings. Please have a conversation with your son/daughter about the use of perfumes, colognes and body sprays. We ask that these not be used before entering or in our building.
6) Do you have any old iPods or iPads at home? I have a request from an HTCSD elementary school looking for these items. They will be used in a primary classroom during “station-time”. They will be put to good use and would be thankfully accepted with or without the charge cords. Donated items can be dropped off at the Vanier office. Thank you for your consideration!
That is all for now…get the snow tires on and bundle up…the winter season is just around the corner!
Take care…and as always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Shining the Light of Christ
Vanier’s Outreach Team is once again making shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. Shoe box donations are being collected in Sion Hall. If you would like to create your own shoe box, boxes are also available for pick-up in Sion Hall. The deadline for donations and completed shoe boxes is Thursday, November 17. Please see the shoe box gift suggestion/ things not to include list below:
INCLUDE IN YOUR SHOEBOX:
- Fill your shoebox with a well-balanced variety of items from the following categories:
- School Supplies– Items such as pens, pencils, pencil crayons, note pads, and picture books
- Hygiene Items – Items such as: facecloth, toothbrush, comb, and soap. Please place soap in a sealable bag
- Toys & Other Gifts– Items such as: stuffed animals, small musical instruments, hair clips, toy jewelry, t-shirts, and socks
- Personal Note – Include a personal note and/or a photo in your shoebox (not inside the donation envelope)
DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Decks of standard playing cards(other card games such as UNO are allowed)
- Food or candy: Including gum (due to customs regulations)
- Used items(due to customs regulations)
- Toothpaste (due to customs regulations)
- Liquids or items that could leak, melt, freeze, or break– Shampoo, creams, lip balm, bath gels, mirrors, or glass, etc. (these can damage other items in the shoebox).
- Items that can scare or harm a child– War-related toys, knives, and toy guns, etc.
See Mrs. Murdock’s pictures from delivering Shoe Boxes HERE.
As a Catholic high school, our Faith is fundamental to who we are. We know the importance of Servant Leadership and understand that giving back to our community is an essential action.
All Vanier students are required to complete a number of “Faith in Action” hours as a component of our Christian Ethics courses. Information regarding the requirements are included in this DOCUMENT.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the following:
Holy Trinity Catholic School Division invites Catholic electors to attend a Candidates’ Forum to hear from the Moose Jaw candidates running for four Moose Jaw seats on Holy Trinity’s Board of Education. The forum will be held in Vanier Collegiate library on Wednesday, October 12th @ 7:00 PM. To see the list of Candidates please go to www.htcsd.ca. Board elections will be held on October 26, 2016.
The Pearson PowerSchool App for students and parents is now available for your smartphone or tablet. Visit your App Provider to download.
IMPORTANT: to use the app you will require the District Code: WSMB
Course Change Request Form – please print, complete and submit to Vanier Main Office.
Monday, Aug. 22 – Vanier Office opens
Tuesday, Aug. 30 – Grade 9 Student and Family BBQ & Information night @ 6pm
Thursday, Sept. 1 – First day of classes
Thursday, Dec. 22 to Tuesday, Jan. 3 – Christmas break
Monday, Feb. 20 to Friday, Feb. 24 – Winter break
Friday, April 14 to Friday, April 21 – Easter break
Wednesday, June 28 – Last day of classes
Friday, June 30 – Grad 2017
From left to right: Emma Ingold and Megan Auger, the co-valedictorians of the graduating class in 2016 cut the Vanier commemorative cake with Dan Hartney, valedictorian of the graduating class in 1966.
Theresa Simon-Worobec/Times Herald
I’m happy to let you know that all youth memberships will be FREE at the YMCA over the summer. If you are able to perhaps announce this to your students before school is done that would be fantastic!
Thanks so much,
Jenn Angus-Morine, BA Psych
Manager of Educational & Community Initiatives YMCA of Moose Jaw
220 Fairford Street East
Moose Jaw, SK S6H 6H2
Phone: (306) 692-0688 Ext 229
The Vanier Football team is putting in a clothing order open to parents, fans, teachers and students. The clothing can be viewed, and ordered online by visiting: http://www.tm2cb.com/collections/vanier-football
The order is open for the next 2 weeks. Clothing will be delivered to Vanier in August.
School board elections will be held this fall on October 26. At this time, Holy Trinity Catholic School Board would like to share some promotional information with Catholic ratepayers in regards to serving as a board member. We would ask interested individuals to go to www.htcsd.ca and click on “School Board Elections” button found on the right side of the website page. There you will find a six minute video and a Holy Trinity Board Elections package that contains relevant information. If you require anything further, please contact Holy Trinity Catholic School Division’s CFO, Catherine Roberts, at Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org or at 306.694.5333. She will be happy to provide further assistance.
Although Team South lost by a score of 52-29, Kelton K. scored three touchdowns for his team. As well, Chad B. had six tackles and Gavin K. had a strong showing on the offensive line.
Again…congratulations guys…thanks for representing Vanier so well at the provincial level!