Posted on Thursday, June 7, 2018 by Admin C.L.
Do you want to prepare yourself for a career in welding?
Course Dates: Sept. 4 – Feb. 1
Costs: $3541.55 (subject to change) plus books, fees and steel-toed boots are required.
Admission Requirements: Grade 10
Information Session: Tuesday, June 12 at 10:00 am at SK Poly in Regina
More info: Amanda Rivney 306-775-7472 or Gerry Rupchan 306-775-7486
Posted on Sunday, April 29, 2018 by Admin C.L.
Do you have an interest in health care but don’t want direct patient contact (e.g. does the sight of blood make you squeamish)? Do you enjoy working extensively with computers? If so, come and check out the Health Information Management (HIM) program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic!
This informative session is for anyone interested in learning more about the HIM program and anyone who has applied to the HIM program.
Date: Monday, May 14, 2018
Time: 12:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Regina Campus, room 920
Speakers to include:
- Year 1 and 2 HIM instructors
- Second year students from HIM program
- HIM employer
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic representatives
Register before Thursday, May 3. Space is limited!
You will be required to provide the following information when registering for this session: full name, contact information, email address and one question you would like answered at the session.
You may contact Norma Jean Belmore by phone to 306-775-7639 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2018 by Admin C.L.
Sun West Agricultural Equipment Technician Information Package
If you’re interested, so are we.
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 by Admin C.L.
Do you want to develop the skills required to work in a challenging and demanding field? This 17 week program provides entry level knowledge and skill development in plumbing installation, water supplies, wast systems and plumbing fixtures. Once you become a apprentice, graduates of the program can apply to the SK Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission for credit for Level 1.
Locations: Regina (Aug. 20 – Dec. 14) and Saskatoon (Aug. 20 – Dec. 14)
Costs: Tuition and fees $9645, books and other fees $978, additional costs for PPE, and steel toed work boots are required.
Admission: Grade 11 and English requirement
For more information: Carol Krawczyk email@example.com or Jim Marcia firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Monday, March 26, 2018 by Admin C.L.
A career fair with organizations who are serious and committed to hiring First Nation, Mètis and Inuit people; encourages and provides space for interactive, fun and entertaining displays; is highly marketed to enhance attendance and participation; and, utilizes high profile role models to inspire, aspire to and motivate.
All Secondary and Post Secondary Youth are invited to attend the Stepping Stones Career Fair.
What is Innovative Manufacturing? Is it the right program for you? Saskatchewan’s manufacturing sector continues to grow and this new & exciting program is preparing students to meet these industry needs! The program offers a wide range of training from design, CAD/CAM drafting, CNC machining, welding, fabrication, robotics, 3D printing, & project management.
||Saturday, April 21, 2018
||10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
||Sask Polytech, Regina Campus
4500 Wascana Parkway, Regina, Saskatchewan
Please enter at the main entrance doors and you will be directed to A164 on Level 1.
Free parking provided!
Come out to Sask Polytech and to find out more about the Innovative Manufacturing diploma program. This is the opportunity to try out the new equipment and have a chance to manufacture something yourself! You might even win a prize!
Lunch is provided.
For more information: https://saskpolytech.ca/about/school-of-mining-energy-and-manufacturing/beginnovate.aspx
Contact: Crystal Olson at 306-775-7432 or email@example.com
When: April 13, 2018, 8:45-3:15 pm
Who: Grades 9-12
Why Should You Attend?
- learn about careers in trades and technology from women role models who will be with you throughout the day
- networking with other grade 9-12 women who have same interests
- participate in “Junk Yard Wars”, a team engineering activity
- visit the Skills Canada Provincial Competitions
- win cool prizes
- find out if a career in the trades or technology
Only 40 spots available.
Register by filling out the registration form (pdf) and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to 306-775-7700; or register online. Participants must also submit a signed participant waiver form (pdf) prior to the event. Please contact Jessica Baldwin at email@example.com or 306-775-7427 for more information.
Posted on Thursday, March 1, 2018 by Admin C.L.
GET HELP REGISTERING FOR FIRST YEAR OF CLASSES AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA
- Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018
- Location: The Hotel Saskatchewan (2125 Victoria Avenue, Regina, SK)
- Times: 12:00 – 2:00 pm and 2:00 – 4:00 pm
- RSVP: Students must reserve their seat by completing the RSVP online at uab.ca/reg101
Canadian Citizens Apply Now! Deadline: March 31, 2018
- Civic Education
- Community Serivce
- Youth Leadership
- Social Inclusion
- Ottawa, ON; Plattsburgh, New York; Washington, D.C.
- July 16 to August 4, 2018
- No application fees and the costs are covered by the Youth Ambassadors Program.
- 15 to 18 years old with at least 4 months of high school remaining, demonstrated interest in the USA, and commitment to implement community service project
Adult Mentor Applicants:
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting youth and an interest in a continued mentorship role.
Who Especially Encourage Applicants:
- Who have not previously visited the USA
- Who are new Canadians
- Who are First Nations, Inuit, or Metis persons
- Who reflect the geographic, ethnic and socioeconomic diversity of Canada
What are the criteria for selection?
- Students will be evaluated on the following factors:
- a demonstrated interest in and commitment to volunteer and civic activities;
- ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and tolerate the opinions of others;
- leadership potential;
- good social and communication skills;
- good academic performance;
- an energetic, positive attitude; and
- ability to implement projects that benefit the applicant’s school and/or community.
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 by Admin C.L.
Thinking of a new Career? Want more information about Saskatchewan Polytechnic?
Join them for an informative evening session at a campus near you! This event is happening in all campus cities, Moose Jaw, Prince Albert, Regina and Saskatoon on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 starting at 6:30 pm.
For more information and to register please visit Information Night or call a Student Recruitment Advisor at 1-866-467-4278.