- Wed. May 16 – Shepherd’s pie and a juice box
- Tues. May 22 – Chicken bacon ranch salad and dessert
- Wed. May 23 – Chicken fajitas, fried rice, and a juice box
- Tues. May 29 – Chicken noodle soup with dessert
- Wed. May 30 – Ham, scalloped potatoes, and a juice box
“Be Joyful in Hope”
“Soyez joyeux dans l’espoir”
Thursday, May 10 – Grad Fees Due
Monday, May 14 – Additional Grad tickets (max 2) on sale @ 8am
Monday, May 21 – Victoria Day – SCHOOL CLOSED
Tuesday, May 22 – Additional Grad tickets (max 2) on sale @ 8am
Monday, May 28 – Additional Grad tickets (max 2) on sale @ 8am
Period 1 – 8:45-9:40
Period 2 – 9:45-10:40
Christian Ethics – 10:45-11:20
Period 3 – 11:30-12:25
Lunch – 12:25-1:25
Period 4 – 1:25-2:20
Period 5 – 2:25-3:20
Good afternoon Grade 12 Parents/Guardians…this message is to remind you about a couple upcoming deadlines and events:
1) Grad 2018 and Banquet ticket fees are due on Thursday, May 10 to the office. Cash or Cheques (payable to Vanier Collegiate) only, please.
2) One baby photo and two childhood photos are to be sent to Grad Committee member, Mackenzie Miller (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
3) Financing Your Education presentation at Vanier on Wednesday, May 9 @ 7pm…more information HERE.
That is everything for now…enjoy your week!
Shining the Light of Christ
Monday, May 7 – Friday, May 11
4:30 – 6:00
Open to all grade 7 & 8 HTCSD students
Contact Coach Gottselig for more information:
Parent Meeting #2 – Sunday, April 22 @ 6pm in Library. Agenda – HERE
Parent Meeting #1 – Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018 @ 6pm.
Agenda – HERE
Grad Photos – Tuesday, Feb. 6 to Thursday, Feb. 8
Grad Photos RETAKES – Thursday, March 22
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Christa Lapointe at 306-693-6744 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hello Parents/Guardians…as can be imagined, it has been an emotional week at the school. If you are not aware, a former student or ours, Evan Thomas, passed away in the Humboldt Bronco bus accident. We had a vigil on Sunday night and an all-school liturgy on Monday. The healing process will take some time and will be different for everyone. Please keep an eye on your children and let us know if there are any needed supports or information that we should be aware of.
If your child plans on attending Evan’s funeral on Monday in Saskatoon. please contact the office on Friday to make us aware.
A few other notes:
1) Grad 2018 parents – PLEASE NOTE: we have to postpone our grad meeting until the following Sunday, April 22 @ 6pm in the Library…sorry for the short notice…please contact us if that creates any concerns.
2) We have a SADD presentation at the school tomorrow called, A Tribute of Love. It will take place from 11:00 to 12:25.
3) SCC meeting scheduled for Monday, April 16 is cancelled.
4) Mid-semester report cards were mailed out earlier this week…Student/Parent/Teacher Conference evening is scheduled for Wednesday, April 18 from 6:00-8:30 in Sion Hall and the Library…see you there!
That is all for now…take care…God bless…
Shining the Light of Christ
Good afternoon parents/guardians…a couple reminders as we finish up this last day before the Easter break:
1) The school will re-open following the Easter break on Monday, April 9 @ 7:30am.
2) Report Cards will be mailed to your home address on Tuesday, April 10.
3) Grad 2018 – next meeting is on Sunday, April 15 @ 6pm in the Library.
4) Mid-semester Conferencing evening will be on Wednesday, April 18 from 6:00-8:30pm in Sion Hall and Library.
Have a Blessed Easter!
Shining the Light of Christ
Thank you to everyone that attended our Open House…we were so happy to tour you around our school and tell you a bit about ourselves. If you missed the evening, please call (306)693-6744 to set up a private tour…we would be happy to show you around! We are now accepting Grade 9 Registration Forms for the 2018-19 school year…you can drop your Registration Form off at the Vanier Office or with your homeroom teacher (HTCSD students only). #VCI_Classof2022
Good morning parents/guardians.
We have a few calendar items coming up that you may want to take note of:
1) Tonight is our Grade 8 Student and Parent Open House…we are looking forward to meeting the next generation of Vanier students. More information HERE.
2) Grad 2018 Photos – Lifetouch will be here on Thursday for any students that either missed the original opportunity or require retakes. Sign-up is online…visit this LINK to see more information.
3) On Wednesday, March 28 @ 7pm, we will be hosting an information session for our grade 9, 10 & 11 parents to assist in registration for the 2018-19 school year. We will present on the course options and registration process. We hope to see you here!
That is all for now…take care!
Shining the Light of Christ
Good afternoon Vanier parents/guardians!
1) A friendly reminder to please continue calling in your child’s absences to our main office. Our school goal centers around minimizing school absences and we saw great results in the first semester. We reduced the percentage of “Absent Unexcused” to 1.1% from the previous year’s rate of 4%. We have noticed a climb in this rate for the month of February, thus the reminder.
2) Our February SCC meeting will be postponed (previously scheduled for Feb. 26) until March 12 @ 7pm…please feel free to join us!
3) Please spread the word that Vanier’s Grade 8 Open House will be on Tuesday, March 20 @ 7pm…we are excited to meet the next group of students that choose to make Vanier their high school!
4) Next week is the Winter Break…the school will be closed and will return to regular hours on Monday, February 26…enjoy the time with your children!
As always, contact us if you have any questions. Keep warm and take care!
We hope to see you there and will be happy to get you involved!
Good morning parents and guardians,
We are quickly approaching the end of the first semester, and for Grade 9 students, this means a lot of firsts. Here is some information that will hopefully help you and your teen navigate through the next couple of weeks:
- Final Exams– Beginning on Thursday, Jan 25th all high school students will be writing final exams. The schedule for final exams can be found on the Vanier website (https://vanier.htcsd.ca/2018/01/07/important-dates/). For most Grade 9 courses there will not be a comprehensive final exam. There will, however, be some type of assessment that students will complete during the scheduled time period. Students must remain in the assessment for a minmum of one hour, but will have more time if needed. Teachers will be preparing students for this assessment in the coming days.
- Need help preparing for tests and assessments? Mrs. Whelan, our student support services teacher, has delivered a study skills session to each of the core 90 classrooms to help student prepare. If students need additional support, please do not hesitate to seek her out.
- Study blocks – in the exam schedule there are set study blocks. These periods are not mandatory for students to attend. They are, however, a great opportunity for students to meet up with teachers and ask questions or complete missing assignments.
- Turn-Around Day– There will be no school on Wednesday, Jan 31 due to a turn-around day. Teachers need to have all exams corrected and marks entered for finals grades. Report cards will also be generated on this day. Students will begin the day on Thursday, Feb. 1st, in their Christian Ethics class where a copy of their second semester schedule will be given to them, along with their report card.
- For Grade 9 students the marks on this report card will represent their mid-term grades, with the exception of Science 90, Phyiscal Education 90, and Math 99. These courses are semesterized, and the mark entered will represent a final grade.
- Semester 2– The change of semester doesn’t affect Grade 9 courses too much, however, there are some changes. Students who were in PE in the first semester will now be in Science 90. Those who took Science 90 in the first semester will now be in PE. Students in the Math 99 program will move on to Math Workplace and Apprenticeship 10. All other courses will remain the same.
If you have any additional questions regarding exam week, please do not hesitate to contact the school, we will be more than happy to answer your questions. Have a great day.
WACA’s 4th Annual Round Dance – Feb. 3, 2018 – more information HERE.
Beyond the Label – begins Jan. 22, 2018 – a four week course designed for parents of children and adolescents diagnosed with a mental health related disorder – more info HERE.
Parenting Your Anxious Child – begins Jan. 30, 2018 – three week, two hour workshop designed to assist parents of children who are struggling with symptoms of anxiety – more information HERE.