“Grace, Mercy and Peace”
Thursday, May 25 – Living Rosary @ 10:45 am
Friday, June 2 – Grade 9 Retreat @ St. Joseph’s
Friday, June 2 – Fine Arts Cafe – Sion Hall @ 7:00 pm
Tuesday, June 13 – Final Assembly @ 8:45 am
2016-17 Academic Calendar (HTCSD)
2016-17 Academic Calendar (VCI Mailout)
2017-18 Academic Calendar (HTCSD)
Period 1 – 8:45-9:40
Period 2 – 9:45-10:40
Christian Ethics – 10:45-11:20
Period 3 – 11:30-12:25
Lunch – 12:25-1:25
Period 4 – 1:25-2:20
Period 5 – 2:25-3:20
Check out the new line of Vanier clothing!
All orders completed online – follow these steps:
1)Visit the online store at https://vanier2017.itemorder.com
2)Choose your items, and add them to your cart
3)Securely check out with your credit card
4)We will contact you when the order arrives
The online store closes MAY 24 at 11:59pm – Don’t miss out on your opportunity for new Vanier gear!
Sample sizes are available to try on at Vanier for students.
The general public can size up on Thursday, May 18th from 4:00-6:00pm
*please note that the 3/4 compression pants are on backorder until August 2017
Hello parents/guardians…hope you have had a great weekend and to all the moms – Happy Mother’s Day!
A few items of interest:
1) Graduation 2017 – Banquet Tickets are sold out…we anticipate a few more coming available in June…we will update you in a couple weeks.
2) If your child has been reading the book or watching the Netflix series “13 Reasons Why”, please visit THIS LINK for a letter from the HTCSD board office…there have been concerns over the content and this information can assist parents in talking with their children about mental health issues.
3) New Vanier gear is being ordered…our ONLINE STORE will be available until midnight of Wednesday, May 24…be sure to get your orders in!
4) Monday, May 22 is Victoria Day, so the school is closed…however, please note that Vanier Collegiate has a regularly scheduled school day on Friday, May 19…we are one of the only schools in the city on a regular school day.
Have a great week!
“Shining the Light of Christ”
The 68th annual Moose Jaw Band and Choral Festival is next week and, once again, we are searching for volunteers. If you are able to help us out for a half day or more, please click on the following link to sign up:
Job descriptions are included on the page.
This festival runs entirely on volunteers so any help will be appreciated. Thank you so much.
Good afternoon parents and guardians!
You will find the most recent letter (HERE) from our Director of Education, Geri Hall, attached to this email. It is certainly good news! We are happy to continue offering a quality Catholic high school education to our present and future families. However, our voice is still necessary in supporting choice for Saskatchewan families and their children…the letter has links that direct you to websites that will assist you in having your voice heard.
A few other calendar items:
Thursday, May 4 – GRAD 2017 fees and banquet ticket money due to Vanier office.
Friday, May 5 – NO SCHOOL – teachers are in Swift Current for Convention.
(Grade 10 parents…a reminder to ask your son/daughter for the permission form for a Career event on Wednesday, May 10…please have your child submit to their ELA teacher by end of this week…an email was sent to all parents on Friday, April 28 with more details.)
That is all for now. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Shining the Light of Christ
This presentation series is open to all current and future Vanier parents.
Please feel free to attend any or all of the sessions.
Click on the picture for more information.
Vanier Collegiate is celebrating May with a help-the-environment action for every school day! The Moose Jaw community is invited to join us at Vanier to participate in the events with the BLUE background. GREEN background indicates activities in CE class.
*UPDATED* Banquet Ticket Prices:
Child 5 and under – FREE
Age 6 to 12 – $15
Age 13 and older – $30
Parent Meeting – Sunday, April 2, 2017
Parent Meeting – Sunday, January 8, 2017
Good afternoon parents and guardians,
Please take the time to read through the important messages below:
- Report cards were mailed out on Tuesday, March 28th. Please be sure you have received your child’s report card. If nothing has been received, please do not hesitate to contact the school, and another can be printed.
- Our tri-conferencing evening is scheduled for Wednesday, April 5th from 6:00pm-8:30pm. Teachers will be available to discuss your child’s progress. The tri-conferencing process is a richer experience when students are present. We look forward to seeing you on this evening.
- *Grade 12 Parents* please know the second graduation meeting will take place at Vanier on Sunday, April 2nd at 6:00pm in the library. The student graduation committee will be sharing an update on their progress, and passing along other pertinent graduation information.
- Grad Photos – we received an email from Lifetouch this week indicating that there is another opportunity to have grad photos taken in the city. Anyone wanting retakes, or a first-time photo needs to book an appointment by calling Lifetouch at 1-877-949-8448. Pictures will be taken at Peacock Collegiate on Friday, April 7th in the afternoon only.
March 21 is World Down Syndrome Day…celebrating the diversity of with !
Good morning Parents and Guardians…a few notes to start off the week:
1) Tonight’s scheduled SCC meeting is cancelled.
2) Report Cards will be mailed out on Wednesday, March 29. Please encourage your children to get any late assignments submitted this week so that the marks can be reflected in the Report Card. Our second semester Triconference date is Wednesday, April 5 (6:00-8:30).
3) The school is closed this Friday, March 24…it is the day in lieu of Triconference evenings in Semester 1 and 2.
4) Please share with friends or family that our Grade 8 Student and Parent Open House is on Tuesday, March 28 @ 7pm.
5) ***GRADE 12 PARENTS*** Grad Photo Retakes are tomorrow, Tuesday, March 21…the sign-up sheet is in the office for grads. As well, our next Grad Meeting is on Sunday, April 2 @ 6pm in the Library.
That is all for now…have a great week!
Get the Facts: Current Drug Trends
Tuesday, April 4 @ 6:30pm
More information HERE
Good afternoon parents/guardians.
A few notes for you before the school week begins:
1) The “Boil Water Advisory” has been lifted for the school…we are good to go!
2) The giant game of Battleship being played by construction crews on MacDonald St. appears to be completed…not sure what they found, but all holes have now been filled in!
3) Night #2 of our SCC’s Brain Series will take place this Thursday, March 16 @ 7pm in our Library. See our website for more details. Please join us.
That is all for now…warm weather is just around the corner…enjoy the remainder of the weekend!