- YEARBOOKS are now For Sale! http://ybstore.friesens.com/stores/335058
- REMINDER - Please return all outstanding library books before end of June
- Drivers Education for the Week of June 14-17, 2021
Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 9:30 am Lucas W Elizabeth M. Alexa 10:15 Lucas W Alexa G Alexa11:00 Oliver S Zach Emily S 11:15 - Sophie B 11:45 Ben K Teagan Emily S 12:30 pm Savannah L. Jack Payton 1:15 Ava K. Linkyn P Elizabeth M 2:00 Cady O Emily C.H. Elizabeth M
- 16-21 years
- Permanent resident or has been a Canadian citizen for no more than 5 years.
- Has access to a computer or a device for Zoom.
Registration dateline is July 2nd.
Briercrest Athletic Camps
Sunday July 18th – Friday July 23rd: Girls volleyball camp #1 (for campers entering grades 7-9 for 2021-22 school year)
Sunday July 25th – Friday July 30th: Girls volleyball camp #2 (for campers entering grades 10-12 for 2021-22 school year)
Sunday August 1st – Friday August 6th: Boys volleyball camp (for campers entering grades 7-12 for 2021-22 school year)
Sunday August 8th – Friday August 13th: Boys basketball camp (for campers entering grades 7-12 for 2021-22 school year)
Sunday August 15th – Friday August 20th: Girls basketball camp (for campers entering grades 7-12 for 2021-22 school year)
Online Registration: https://www.briernet.com/registrations/athletics_summercamps.php
- Student Essay competition open to all grades! Check it out here - https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/fraser-institute-student-essay-contest-gr-9-12/
Join the Vanier Drama group on EDSBY today! There are all kinds of activities going on weekly, open to all Vanier students, including Theatre Creation, Play Reading, Stage Crew / Tech Workshops, and Dance / Choreography Workshops. Click here for the Vanier Drama group page: Note: Students MUST access EDSBY on Chromebook or computer to find and join the group. After you have joined, the group will be accessible from your personal devices. You can also follow "vaniertheatre" on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, or Twitter for updates.
- Grade 12 - please return your school issue locks to the office
Would any and all grade 12 students going through St. Thomas More at the U of S or Campion Colleg / Luther College at the U of R to please see Ms. Lapointe ASAP.
Pursue Scholarships Information:
GRADE 11 AND 12 CAREER EVENTS, POST SECONDARY INFORMATION, AND VIRTUAL CAREER FAIRS
Skills Canada - Saskatchewan 2021 Competition is going Virtual Again
Do you want to compete at a provincial level in carpentry, job search, public speaking, web technologies, beauty, fashion, baking, graphic design, photography, job skill, workplace safety, 3d2d, or coding. If you want to learn more about this unique annual opportunity which is open to all grade 9-12 students please talk to Ms. Lapointe and check out the link online - https://www.skillscanadasask.com/skills-competition/provincial-skills-competition/contest-descriptions
Contest Description (Scope) 2021 Virtual Provincial Skills Competition. Contest scopes are provided to give educators and competitors an outline of what each specific contest entails.
Canadian College and University Career Fair
Great Event for Grade 10, 11 and 12 students!
Check it out ASAP and register!
Regina District Industry and Education Council (RDIEC) to provide numerous Career Spotlights. These run 30-60 minutes, usually over lunch hour, but they’re also archived on the RDIEC YouTube Channel. Main page - Scroll down for access to all of the above events!
- Virtual Career Spotlights - throughout the year! Open to all Grade 10-12 students!
- All scholarships that are posted and shared to students can be found here: https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/category/scholarships/
- Stacey Levitt Award - https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/stacey-levitt-award/
- Winscript – Annual High School Magazine Writing Opportunities
Special Credit Opportunity
- Saskatchewan Safety Council
- Career Safety Education program includes: Young Worker’s Readiness Certificate, Mental Health, WHMIS, Industry Certification and additional development.
- For more information go to: https://www.sasksafety.org/career-safety-education.html
Any students who are interested in enrolling in a FREE online course which counts for graduation: Agriculture Equipment Technician 20/30 and Parts Technician, please see Ms. Lapointe this week please.