Thursday, March 19
- No band or choir today.
- Buy a yearbook for the 2019-20 school year here.
WorkSafe Saskatchewan’s 2020 Youth Video Contest Students will create a two minute video to demonstrate workplace safety, health and injury prevention in an engaging way. Prize money to teams and schools are being given. Deadline for submissions is 4:00 pm on Thurs. March 26. https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/worksafe-saskatchewan-2020-youth-video-contest/
- WorkSafe Saskatchewan Video Competition (our students have won in the past)
- Registrations for Spring 2020 Digital Bootcamp in Kelowna are now OPEN!
Neat experience for those interested in computers, animation, etc.
- Grade 10-11 Students: SaskPolytechnic is offering an Insight Day on Thurs. April 1 at the MJ campus among the other three campuses as well. Students can learn more about a program, participate in hands-on activities, and learn about admission requirements and application processes. If you are interested please go to the link https://saskpolytech.ca/programs-and-courses/resources/INSIGHT.aspx and/or ask Ms. Lapointe for more information.
- Linda Smith will be offering a Standard First Aid/CPR AED course on May 23 from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm in the Peacock Library. This blended learning style is done in two parts. The first part is done online at your own pace but MUST be done prior to the second part which is the classroom instruction. At the end, you will be certified in Standard First Aid/CPR AED "C". If you require HCP/BLS, (that will be only offered at the May 23 course) you will need to stay for an additional hour to get that certification. This is also open to anyone that needs re-certification in Standard First Aid CPR/AED. Cost is $100. Registration must be done by May 4 (for the May 23 course) to give you ample time to do the online portion. For more information & to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (306) 681-8323.
Grade 11 and 12
- Students who would like to learn more about dual credits, taking university classes in grade 12, ag service technician 20, Introduction to Business online – please see Ms. Lapointe for more information.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Insight (Explore. Try. Apply): MJ, PA, Regina, Saskatoon on April 1, 2020
- Luther College Scholarships and Bursaries- https://www.luthercollege.edu/university/current-students/scholarships-bursaries/entrance-awards
- Grad photo retakes are taking place on Tuesday, March 31. Visit https://schedule.prestigeportraits.ca to book your appointment.
- The following scholarship application forms are available outside of room 130: Ned Andreoni Memorial, CUPE 5506, & Evan Thomas Memorial
Friend of Youth Scholarship - https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/friendly-city-optimist-friend-of-youth-scholarship/
- Careers in Welding - https://saskpolytech.ca/events/careers-in-welding.aspx
Regina, April 9 from 5:00-8:00 pm. This event will provide students and parents with an opportunity to tour the shop, learn what welding careers have to offer, and enjoy free pizza. To register go to the link above.
- Please note that you can now use your own personal e-mail address (g-mail, hotmail, etc.). You will more than likely need to check your spam or junk folder. Remember to submit all necessary paperwork to the required address by May 1!
Online Scholarship Form Required:
- Associated Canadian Travellers Scholarship
- Dubinsky Family Education Trust
- Elks’ Lodge Trudie Temple Music Scholarship
- Ellen Greenlay Memorial Scholarship
- Jennie McCallum Memorial Music Scholarship
- Ken Stewart Memorial Scholarship
- Mel Smith Music Scholarship
- Moose Jaw Festival of Dance Doris Sitter Memorial Scholarship
- Moose Jaw Refinery Partnership Scholarship
- Snowbirds Scholarship
Vanier Collegiate General Application Scholarship Form Required (March/April):
- Rotational Scholarships (Pat Boughen Memorial Scholarship)
- Clarence and Violet Ethel May Redmond Scholarships
- Evelynn Leone Wilson Memorial Scholarship
- Jennie E. Graham Scholarship
Saskatchewan School Board Association Student Scholarships - https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/ssba-scholarships-2/
- Grand Lodge Scholarships