- There is a new Driver's Education sign up sheet in the office. You must be 15 years of age by April 20, 2021. Class will begin Feb. 8, 2021.
In-car Lessons Mon. Jan. 25 Tues. Jan. 26 Wed.Jan. 27 Thurs. Jan. 28 11:25 am Reyhan M 2:00 pm Mia D
Friendly City Optimist Club Essay Contest! Deadline is Tues. Feb. 16 and you just need to write an essay about “Reaching Your Dreams by Choosing Optimism” – more information
Band schedule (7:40 am)- Mondays-Grade 9s, Tuesdays-Woodwinds, Wednesdays-Brass & percussion. Please use the student entrance.
- Choir schedule (lunch hours, sectionals)- Mondays-Sopranos, Tuesdays-Altos, Wednesdays-Tenors & Bases
- Those from Vanier that take the Prairie South School Division bus have Early Dismissals on the following dates: April 19 & May 10.
Join the Vanier Drama group on EDSBY today! There are all kinds of activities going on weekly, open to all Vanier students, including Theatre Creation, Play Reading, Stage Crew / Tech Workshops, and Dance / Choreography Workshops. Click here for the Vanier Drama group page: Note: Students MUST access EDSBY on Chromebook or computer to find and join the group. After you have joined, the group will be accessible from your personal devices. You can also follow "vaniertheatre" on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, or Twitter for updates.
Grade 11 & 12 Announcements:
- U of R Virtual Scholarship Workshop at lunch on Tuesday, Jan. 26 at 11:35 - please message Ms. Lapointe on Edsby if you plan on going. U of R scholarships are due on Monday, March 15.
Winter 2021 Career Newsletter
Link to PDF: https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Career-Newsletter-Winter-2021-1.pdf
Pursue Scholarships Information:
- Grade 12 Noon Hour Sessions are starting up again today and will continue for the month of January.
Grade 11 Noon Hour Sessions will begin in February –
Check out the POSTERS here: https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/noon-hour-sessions-for-grade-12-and-11/
- If you would like to book a time with Ms. Lapointe, please CLICK HERE.
GRADE 11 AND 12 CAREER EVENTS, POST SECONDARY INFORMATION, AND VIRTUAL CAREER FAIRS
Regina District Industry and Education Council (RDIEC) to provide numerous Career Spotlights. These run 30-60 minutes, usually over lunch hour, but they’re also archived on the RDIEC YouTube Channel. Main page - Scroll down for access to all of the above events!
2021 Relevance Magazine for high school students and parents – Career Development Information - https://contact360.ca/relevance/
- Prince of Wales and Queen Jubilee Scholarships
- Grade 11 and 12 – If you think you meet the criteria below please fill out the nomination form by the deadline to be considered.
- Vanier can (not required) to nominate one student in each grade who meets the criteria.
- Reduce financial burden that some students face during their educational journey. These scholarships are intended for students living with vulnerable circumstances. Other criteria: school and community leadership, responsibilities outside the school, financial support, and academic performance.
- To be nominated the attached form must be filled out by Wed. Feb. 24 at 3:30.
- Nomination Form
- Site: https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/price-of-wales-and-duchess-of-cornwall-scholarship-and-queens-diamond-jubilee-scholarship/
Schulich Leader Scholarship - Vanier Nominee Process
- Schulich Leadership (any grade 12s pursuing STEM – science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics at the post-secondary level who are academically strong, involved in community leadership, and either are in financial need and/or entrepreneurial).
- Our deadline for a school nominee is very soon and no one has come forward!
- Site: https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/schulich-extended/
- Pay attention to deadlines!
- Virtual Career Spotlights - throughout the year! Open to all Grade 10-12 students!
- Up-to-date information can be found here: https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/events/newsletters/
- HMCS QUEEN, the Naval Reserves of the Canadian Armed Forces - has opportunities for students starting for grade 10, 11, and 12 students. Being a part of the reserves provides you part-time employment, free training, free education and so much more! It is also voluntary in the sense that you can choose if you want to do a tour or note. If you are interested in the Naval Reserves, a a possible career in the Canadian Forces please see Ms. Lapointe ASAP.
GRADE 12 SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
- Grade 10 and 11 Scholarships can be found HERE.
- All scholarships that are posted and shared to students can be found here: https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/category/scholarships/
- Sign up for the Scholarship Information and Workshop Group on Edsby to get updates. THIS WILL REPLACE REMIND IN TIME.
- Loran Award – on pursue and Edsby
- TD Scholarship – on pursue and Edsby
- Stacey Levitt Award - https://pursueonline.htcsd.ca/stacey-levitt-award/
- Winscript – Annual High School Magazine Writing Opportunities
- Live Drop In Conversations
- Want to chat one-to-one with one of the representatives for the post-secondary institutions that you are interested in? Stop by Wednesday between 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM for a chat!
- Live Presentation Schedule
- Every Tuesday and Thursday at various times students will be able to go onto a virtual webinar hosted a variety of members.
- Vanier will have a designated day in November; however, interested students can get a head start sooner if they life.
- Presentation Schedule
- How to Join
- In each virtual booth, there will be a button labelled “Join Our Live Webinar Session.” This button will connect you to that institution’s presentation.
Special Credit Opportunity
- Saskatchewan Safety Council
- Career Safety Education program includes: Young Worker’s Readiness Certificate, Mental Health, WHMIS, Industry Certification and additional development.
- For more information go to: https://www.sasksafety.org/career-safety-education.html
- Here are some federal employment opportunities in heritage & tourism with the Parks Canada Agency at Fort Walsh National Historic Site in southwest Saskatchewan: English GT-01: